Session 5: Making Ethics Real (Building ethical cultures in all contexts)
Join The Ethics Institute for a practical discussion of how CA’s can influence their environments as ethical and effective leaders.
Date: 15 October
Cost: Free for all attendees
Programme: 09:00 – 11:00
- Deon Rossouw (CEO of The Ethics Institute)
- Fatima Rawat (Associate: Subject Matter Expert at The Ethics Institute)
- Paul Vorster (Senior Research Specialist/Industrial Psychologist at The Ethics Institute (TEI))
There is a global shift beyond ethical compliance to ethical culture. This shift is caused by a realisation that there are inherent weaknesses in a compliance approach to maintaining ethical standards in organisations and professions.
In this session the reasons behind the shift to ethical culture will first be unpacked. A practical framework for embedding ethics in organisational culture will then be introduced. Finally, the anatomy of ethical culture will be examined. This will enable participants to understand how the maturity of ethical culture can be assessed.
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Professional values and attitudes: ethics, lifelong learning, citizenship
- Decision-making acumen: Judgement and decision-making; Integrated thinking; Professional scepticism
- Relational acumen: People skills; Relationship-building skills; Self-management; Managing others
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 2 hours of CPD.